Cut Mango pickle is prepared by using fresh raw mango. It is extremely spicy and salty.
- Raw mangoes – 2 medium sized
- Green chillies – 10, sliced diagonally into 3 or 4 pieces
- Curry leaves – 4 to 5 twigs
- Garlic (optional) – 8 to 10 cloves sliced lengthwise
- Gingelly oil (Sesame oil) – 2 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teasooon
- Kashmiri chilli powder (Paprika) – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Big mustrard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
- Fenugreek powder – 1 teaspoon (1 tsp seeds fresh toasted and powdered)
- Asafoetida powder – ½ teaspoon (solid asafoetida toasted and powdered)
- Salt – 1.5 teaspoon, or as per the tartness of the mangoes
- Clean mangoes well, wipe it with a cloth and let it dry for a few minutes. Cut them into small pieces (ideally ¾ cm cubes) with the skin on. This recipe of instant Kerala mango pickle (nadan manga acchar) needs very good raw mangoes with thick skin.
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoon of gingelly oil. When the oil is really hot, add mustard seeds and let them crackle for a few seconds. Add curry leaves, garlic, sliced green chillies (beware, never add whole green chillies to heated oil) and stir fry it for about 30 seconds. Lower the heat and add chilli powder, Kashmiri chilli powder and turmeric, salt and stir well for another 30 seconds. Turn off the stove and add vinegar when the pan is still hot. This helps in vaporizing some water content in the vinegar.
- After five minutes and when the pan is still warm, add mango pieces and mix it all together very well. Yes, in this variety of pickle, we don’t cook the mangoes but it’s consumed rather raw. Sprinkle asafoetida and fenugreek powder and mix again. The mango pickle is almost ready!
- In about an hour, this hot mouthwatering mango pickle can be transferred to an airtight bottle. You can start consuming this instantly though it tastes better after a couple of days. If garlic is used, it tastes good typically in a week or so.
Free Delivery with every purchase
Delivery within 7 days right to your doorstep
Do note if the garment is semi-stitched, stitched or fully stitched under the description tab